Sunday, November 11, 2007

Welcome to the Good Life

This music video is a lot different from all other music videos so that is why I chose it as my favorite. I love how animated it is. I love how everything is in black and white but then all of a sudden burst of color come out when they sing or when the hands come up. They do so many things in the background of this video that it is interesting the whole time. With all of the words they say coming up on the screen and they play on words that they do is so cool.
It’s such an abstract, different and fun video. I really like the part where he puts the sunglasses on and the words are coming up on the lenses or just when he is singing the refrain and the words come out of his mouth.

I like this song anyway. Its fun and has a good message. It has some rap in it but also regular singing. I love Kanye West and T-Pain a lot too so that helps. My favorite part of the song is when T-pain has is verse right at the very end. The video ends so simply too which makes it even better. It’s such a complex video with a lot going on that that simple ending really ties everything together. It also is crazy to think about the technology required to do a video like this. Its all computer generated and that’s really cool to think about. They probably shot this whole video without anything and then went back later and added all of this other stuff. Shows you how far technology has come and the amazing things we can do on computers. You have the two singers on the screen and they are able to change the background and have things go over the, and change the color and all these other things.

3 comments:

Tristan said...

I’ve never seen this video before and I thought it was really cool. I really liked all the black and white with the bursts of vibrant rainbow colors like you said. All the words in the background are very cool too. I also agree with you how you say it’s different than any other music video. This is the first video I’ve seen like this, and its kind of refreshing to see a new type of video, since a lot of them just get very repetitive and similar. Everything in it just gives a new aspect to music videos.

Ian said...

This was the first time that I’ve seen this video, but I definitely have to agree with you. It is a really good music video. It’s so much different than most of them. It probably helps that I like the song too, but I also think that the way the video is done is very creative. I also really like the way that the color comes in to the video. It helps to make it more interesting and it kind of takes you by surprise. I think the best thing about this video is that it’s just unique. That’s what makes it so good.

dylann said...

I would have to agree with you. I really like the different colors used in the video. The backgrounds really made you focus more on all of the visual aspects of the video and not the song. It was interesting to see how the different words could come out of the different objects. If I had to suggest something I would say you should analyze the song more. You just say it is a good song and that is about it. You should expand on that. Otherwise you cover the visual side well. The sunglasses scene was a good example. That was something I remembered form the video also.