Wednesday, November 14, 2007

First Music Video


The first music video I have ever seen was Hit Me Baby One More Time by Brittany Spears. It actually may not have been the first music video I have ever seen because I really do not have idea what that video is. I figure though that this video is close enough because it is the oldest video one that I remember watching. The Brittany Spears, N’Sync and Backstreet Boys era was around the same time when I started to get into and actually watch music videos. I figured I could pick one from either of them and it would be close to the first video I have ever seen.

When I was younger I loved watching MTV and all of the music videos on TRL. For a long time my mom wouldn’t let me watch MTV so when she finally gave in I went nuts. I was always up to date on which the best videos were and what new songs and videos were coming out. I know, kind of embarrassing. I was young though; everyone was obsessed with that kind of stuff. I hope so at least…

I like this video because it’s a catchy song. Everyone knows at least the refrain to this song or has at least heard of Brittany Spears. She looks so innocent and sweet in the video which is another reason I probably liked it when I was younger. I remember first watching it and thinking it was so great. I thought the dancing was amazing and her outfits were so cool and all this kind of stuff. Looking back at it years later though, you can tell how old the video actually is. The dancing isn’t too great at all, there really aren’t to many special effects and her clothes are somewhat out of date.

No comments: